Friday, March 20, 2009

Well I did it!

I'm in the process of figuring out HOW to start a photography business. I've previously worked on projects with the church this past year. So I have worked with a wide variety of ages. I have also been taking photos of my own children for for 12 years.

About 5 years ago I stopped going to the mall to have their pictures made and decided that I could make better shots of who they really were verses the fake pretty smiles. I have those hanging on my own home walls now.

Friends have been encouraging me for years by saying "you should do this for a living! You take great pictures." "Can I have a copy of that?" Yes, they are my friends and family, but I value their opinions greatly. I trust that they would tell me the truth. I expect it.

I have started a photo website at: http://thewhitfieldphotography.shutterfly.com. Some of you will recognize your face or your children's faces! Please feel free to order copies of your photos. Thank you for allowing me to practice on you! I receive nothing from the orders.

Please, as my friends and family, please pray as I adventure out on this trek of life. Thank you.

3 comments:

MamaHen said...

Yeah, I'm so proud of you!!! I love the one of Sam sleeping.

Unknown said...

Corla,
I'm so glad you're stepping out, and getting this business started. I will pray for God's blessings upon it!

Sam and Laurie Knowles said...

Way to go Corla! You have some great shots. Photography is SO fun! I love it too. :) I have been following the blog, www.thepionnerwoman.com. She has some great photography tips AND she has incredible giveaways. You may want to check out her site. See you Wednesday!