Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Blessing for today, uh this week







Nate the Great Hunter!



Well, I finally made it back! Sam has been very sick since last Wednesday night! As soon as we got home from CBS he was clingy and then it went down hill from there. Hopefully we are on the mends now. He had a high fever of 102-03 for most of 3 days. The doctor scolded me for not bring him in earlier. She said his ears & throat were clear. I needed to be scolded. I always seem to talk myself out of going to the doctor. Silly, I know, but I have taken them in so many times and "they" say it's just a virus, it will run its course. Next time, when he even starts a fever, which usually happens every two months, he is going in!






Hunting season also started here in Alabama. Nate inherited my dad's (AKA: Papa) shot gun. He was very proud. Jerome took him hunting on "Youth Day" that occurred the Saturday before opening day for the old men. He saw several deer. Shot once. Missed. He told Jerome if he hadn't been talking so much he wouldn't have missed! Sounds just like a true hunter, huh? Jerome does talk a lot though!






I turned another year older! I look terrible in the "Birthday" shot. I had been sleeping on the couch with Sam for 4 nights! I am fully blessed with beautiful children that adore me. I am so undeserving of God's Grace.






Yesterday a beautiful thing happened! Sarah learned to spell & write her name ALL BY HERSELF!!!! I am so proud of her. Forever, everything was a "S" or a "O." She is on her way to growing up! Go Sarah!


I have spent most of this day cleaning house and then going to our small church to help my friend Jane and Heather set up the Christmas tree and candles for the windows. I had such a great time spending it with them. Chloe has been such a blessing to me today. She kept all 3 children, fed them lunch and had Sam dressed for his doctors apt. when I came back to get him. THEN, took back over when I left to help finish the job at the church! I must go now and give her a big hug and tell her how much of a blessing to me she was to allow me to serve at the church.

2 comments:

MamaHen said...

Yeah Sarah! The picture of the kids and you is terrific! So, what was wrong with Sam? I wasn't clear on that, did he have an ear infection? Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! I know you are proud!