Thursday, November 6, 2008

What's up lately



On Monday we went to the McWane Center. It was our first time and it was great! It was so great that I forgot to go back out and put quarters in the meter and I got "tagged" buy the city of B. Ouch! My first ticket ever and I'm 35 years old! I'm so disappointed! Best advice I could give you at this point is pay that $5 to park! You WILL spend more than the 2 hours in the McWane before you know it. The meters only let you run a 2 hour limit.

Back to the McWane, it was well worth the the time put in exploring it.

We went to explore the fossils of the swimming dinosaurs. We were all amazed at their size! Nate wished he could have caught one on his hook to mount! I told him, he is insane! Those things have huge teeth. He just grinned!

We had a great day with the Andertons, our science partners this year.

It is just amazing the animals that God created on the earth.

Tuesday, we did the school thing, went to vote, and then rushed off to ballet. It was a perfect day for riding scooters in the parking lot. We had a relaxing afternoon.

For dinner, I was treated by my hubby. We got to go out to to eat at Jim and Nick Bar B Q. We were no where near perfect guest. I requested the corner "U" shaped table that holds a bunch. The children became restless after gobbling down the first set of rolls. Knees repeatedly hit the table LOUDLY from wrestling around. And I'm not talking about my younger children either. Little S couldn't decide if he wanted to sit with Daddy or myself. So, we played the switching game about 3 times and that was it! He had to stay put. OH, My sweet S. She was coloring and matching stickers to the picture book that we had supplied. She was really being so good. It was so peaceful at that certain moment with blues music playing in our ear. The whole restaurant seemed to have hushed at that moment, (As you may have guessed, it didn't last long.) From the "Quiet" corner she stood up on her knees and began to "Hooo-hooo" along with the music, loudly. Everyone turned to see who........! It was so funny! She sang several verses and then realizing that everyone was watching, she sat down sheepishly and just giggled the "Did I do that?" giggle. Somehow, Jerome and I made it through about 2 hours without loosing it! Well, we did loose it, but it was with laughter!

Yesterday was Wednesday. A very long day. CBS was really a blessing with no problems. Everyone was on their best behavior and things just went great. N got to bring home a friend afterwards and they had the best time. Then at church C performed in her very first human video with another young lady. They were mirrors of each other. It was beautiful.

Today has been well. I was up early. That would be 7:30 for me. Most of you rise hours before me! I had my Bible lesson done and I had accomplished spelling with N before 9! I came to the computer, to research an art project for the homeschoolers at CBS to do this Christmas. I have been sidetracked with emails.

This reminds me I've got to go and get back on my day before my getting up early is wasted. Wendy, I'm praying for you and your home visit today. Rebekah, I am praying for Mrs. Kathy and you. ;0). I Love you both. You are my sisters.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good week! Hope this week is going as well!

Mother came home!