Monday, September 8, 2008

Loss of a dear family member


This Sunday our dear sweet kitty passed away. Last summer we were blessed with a second generation gray kitten. Sarah got to keep her for her very own and named her "Lucy." Lucy was a perfect cat. Beautiful, loving and forgiving to little hands that carried her roughly. We are not sure what happened to Lucy. Our neighbor Annie spotted her lying under the trampoline Sunday morning sunning and by Sunday night she was "gone." It has been hard on Sarah, 4 1/2, I wasn't sure she would understand what being dead meant. This is the first experience that any of our children have had with death. Chloe was very supportive with her. She printed off a picture of LULU and put it in a frame for Sarah to carry with her so she wouldn't forget LULU. Then she took her to the school room and made a card for LULU. This is what she dictated to Chloe:"Lucy, Sarah's Cat: I love you. Charlie take care of Lucy. I will miss you. Good Bye. P.s. You will get better in Heaven. Love, Sarah.(I had a white cat that passed away when I was her age. I thought it might comfort her to know that I had lost a pet too. Now she ask if Charlie is taking care of Lulu.) Today she is better. She hasn't cried. She still talks about her and carries her picture. We buried LULU in her favorite corner in our back yard. We hope to make a cross for her grave and paint her name on her head stone rock. Now, to keep Sam, 3 at the end of the month, from digging up LULU to pet her!!! Pray for Sarah's feelings of sorrow.

1 comment:

MamaHen said...

So sorry Corla and Sarah. Believe me, I know, it is hard for the little kiddos dealing with that grief.