Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring is Here

Wow! Spring is surely here! Flowers, pollen, beauty, AhhhhhhhhChoooooo! I've really enjoyed all the beauty that God has brought forth this season. AHHHHH CHOOOO! My yard is still the desolate desert of rocks. Very few things have come back this year. My fig tree is doing very well. Hosta, monkey grass, my azaleas actually bloomed this year. My wonderful, going to be my privacy fence between me and my neighbors is alive and growing. The iris in the front bloomed out nicely. I don't believe they bloomed at all last year, but Jerome says the kids picked them before I ever got a chance to see them. Figures! The little kids are playing more out in the dirt again this year. That means that one thing is growing! The ring in my tub!

AHHHH CHOOOO! Oh, and by the way, this is not me sneezing, but my dear sweet hubby. His allergies have finally caught up with . He started his new construction job two weeks ago and the pollen has finally taken a toll on him. He loves his new job. He is building gas stations and other small buildings. At night myself and Jerome work with some friends of ours cleaning office buildings. Let me clarify, we clean them out and help reset up of tear down when they move to a new building. Lots of goodies can be found there! God has blessed us greatly. We have been faithful to rely on him when we thought things were going south. Many times one of us would be waning on our faith and the other would slap some since into the other. We stood strong as He commands us to do.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.Ephesians 6:12-14

We were just standing. Today we fight.

Jerome is starting a men's Bible study with our church. He is very excited. He will be using, of course, the Bible and Point Man by Steve Farrar. He says it is time for men of our church/community/ country, you get the drift, need to "man up." I MADE him change is wording a bit. It didn't seem just right to say "cowboy up," his original thought. But PLEASE be praying for this in the coming days. It starts on the 14th of May. Thursday night at OUR HOUSE! Pray that the devil stays away! No family problems, no house problems, no marriage problems and no work problems. Pray that it all comes together like the Lord wants it to.

Also around our house is a new batch of kittens! OH SO SWEET! 5 in all. 3 little black ones and 2 black and white. 3 girls and 2 boys. Sarah Kitty is a good mother. I have 3 to give away! Any takers?




Sarah the cat had her kittens between our computer desk and the wall. That is only about 8 inches. One determined mother.








Just one precious baby!


We are thinking of naming them after candy! Sweet! Any suggestions?

5 comments:

MamaHen said...

They are cute, but then they grow up and turn into Sylvester!

Oh, and if you have any extra clothes hanger and kids hangers could you bring them tomorrow? And any extra egg cartons?

Dawn said...

Hey girl! Sweet kitten mittens!! We named a litter last year after candy ... We had Pixie, Skittles, Heath, Snickers, S'mores (I know not excatly a candy but it was cute)and I don't remember the rest ... have fun naming them!!

Dawn said...

Oh, and Rolo

BabyDoll said...

I can't wait! Nora came up with, since we have 3 black ones: Licorice, Jellybean, and ..... Gumball?

Penny said...

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog! I really enjoyed reading yours! Love the kitties, butterfly and all the great photos of the kids!!

Have a great day!!