Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Beautiful Sarah



It has to be the age! She is keeping me cracked up! Okay, I guess I should have tried Chinese!

Today was her first official day of K! (With me anyway!) I had planned to start on Monday, but ended up taking my Mom to get her stitches out. Chloe got the privilege to doing Sarah's first day. They played on the computer. If only my day had been SO EASY!

Okay, I have gotten 2 children SUCCESSFULLY through K. This should be easy, right? Look at that face. Does she look like a "hard to deal with" child? She is normally a joyful, compliant child. I was so unprepared for this day. She must have her Daddy in her. She goes from crying and whining to smiling and joyful laughter in seconds!

That child fought me nearly the entire hour we did school! AND SHE WANTED TO DO SCHOOL!!!! She wrote her letter of the day, which happens to be the one she doesn't know the name nor the sound of it and she doesn't care to know them either! Every time I say, "okay, now what does C say?" I get that look of (imagine screaming and gnashing of teeth). I had A B C D cards laid out in order for her to recognize the ABC order and to help recall with the names of them. It's only the 3rd letter of the alphabet and she has thrown in the towel. She would sing the ABC song but that is only a song. She doesn't that those are the letters themselves. This may be a long year... this too shall pass, I'll keep telling myself!

On an excellent hand, Chloe and Nate were done with school by 12:30! We got up at 7:30, started school at 8 and WERE DONE!!!! Yahoooooo!

Apparently, they knew that I was going to need my strength to carry on with Sarah.

How was your first day of school? Any mishaps to make me feel better?

1 comment:

smallseven said...

We had a VERY BAD day last week. The phone rang incessantly, the kids fought, the toddler was not a happy camper, and we worked much later in the day than we've had to in previous days since starting the school yr. You know I feel your pain!
You're doing an awesome job, Corla!