Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our Saturday & Sunday

Yesterday was BUSY! N went to a buddy's birthday pool party! It was great! It was a total surprise to the young lad and he was such a good sport! I went to guitar orientation for N, while he was at the pool. I brought C a friend to play, um hang out with while I went back to the pool for N. They had a great time. Very trustworthy ladies. They even cleaned the kitchen like I had asked! (Maybe I should do that more often...) When I returned I had another friend in tow! The girls were multiplying ! They congregated in C's room and did make up and hair! They had hot rollers, REAL make up (which just blows my mind! Are they really that old? Old enough to be powdering their faces and glossing their lips? Of course they aren't! That would make me old!) They all wear makeup lightly and beautifully. In our house the motto is "Less is More!" Less gunk on the face shows the true beauty that God created.


C is thrilled that she has a curl! Something rare for her!

We had a busy Sunday. Up at 6:30! Okay, okay.. I hit the snooze once or twice! Off and running! We had nursery at 9. We had 4 little boys, all loud and fun loving. The smartest thing I ever did for my nursery day is take them outside equipped with balls and bubbles! Our church has a great, flat, grassy area for such a thing. Our youth sometimes get out there and play "ultimate Frisbee." It is really fun. I play too! I SO embarrass C! (N can't wait to be 11 so he can go to youth! Just so he can play the game!!!)

Okay back to my day, Jerome had parking duty for second service, while I rushed home to let everyone in for Small Group Sunday (SGS). Normally we don't have all these duties all one day. They just all kind of happened this month, because of this or that. SGS lasted til 3:30. I RUSHED to nap. All morning I sat at the kitchen table, during SGS, and watched my hammock rock in the wind, calling my name. I was so ready to run to it and relax! But the Good Lord had other ideas for my napping place. HE SENT RAIN! A good soaking rain that lasted for an hour or so. It was wonderful to hear the thunder in the distant and the clouds roll in. I'm hoping my tomato plants will take off now and grow 10 feet high! (Tomatoes are one of my favorite foods of the summer, fresh off the vine. )

I am so easily sidetracked! Nap was disturbed by C knocking on the bedroom door, with the plea, "I have 45 min. to get to youth!" J drug himself out and drove her there in time.
Now they have all returned home and we are preparing for the evening rest. I still hear the thunder rolling in the distance. MORE RAIN TO COME! Grow Tomatoes! Grow!

1 comment:

smallseven said...

Corla,
Thanks for letting Tiffany come hang out with Chloe and Anna. She had a blast! THank you for the way you work so hard to serve at Living Word! You, Jerome, and all those sweet babies of yours are such a blessing! I'm so glad we get to go to church together!
love you!
Heather